Kia Ora and welcome to the LED 2015 conference.
- When: Monday 23 November – Thursday 26 November 2015
- Where: Owen G. Glenn Building, the University of Auckland, New Zealand
The 4th International Conference on Language, Education and Diversity (LED2015) focuses specifically on the impact of increased cultural linguistic diversity, at both national and supranational levels, and its consequences for the theory, policy and practice of language education. As such, LED provides an attested international forum that brings together the latest academic and policy discussions, and promotes critical debate, on the often-complex interconnections between diversity and language education.
Call for Papers
LED 2015 invites submissions of abstracts for individual papers, symposia and posters.
Deadline for submissions: 1 February 2015
- Symposium (short) 1.5 hours with 3 contributors
- Symposium (long) 3 hours with a minimum of 5-6 contributors
- Papers 25 minutes, with 5 minutes for questions/responses
- Posters (to be displayed at designated times throughout the conference)
Abstracts should address directly at least one of the key strands of the conference:
- Bilingual/immersion/indigenous language education
- English language teaching
- Language policy and planning
- Literacy education (educational and/or community-based)
All abstracts will be double blind reviewed.