SUPREME COURT DECISIONS AFFECTING FIRST NATIONS
“Between Keewatin and Tsilhqot’in” is an important conference regarding the implications of recent Supreme Court decisions for First Nations and Aboriginal people in Canada.
Space is limited for the November 21st and 22nd conference. For more information and to register go to www.trcm.ca/conference.
This conference is co-hosted by Treaty Commissioner James Wilson and Professor Aimee Craft, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba.
* Elder Harry Bone
* Robert Janes, JFK Law Corporation,
* Ovide Mercredi, University of Manitoba
* Heather Leonoff, Manitoba Justice, Constitutional Law
* Ken McNeil, Professor, Osgood Hall Law School
* Heather Mahony, Lawyer, Woodward and Company
* Julie Blackhawk, Department of Justice Canada
* Doug White, Centre for Pre-Confederation Treaties and Reconciliation, Vancouver Island University
* Professor Aimee Craft, University of Manitoba
* Michael Anderson, Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak
* Bill Gallagher, Author
* Jean Teillet, Partner, Pape Salter Teillet LLP
* J.B. Fobister, Traditional Land User, Grassy Narrows First Nation
* The Honourable Richard Scott, Former Chief Justice of Manitoba
View a complete agenda – For more detailed information, including session descriptions and speaker biographies, available at
Carmen Neufeld, President
Planners Plus Inc.
106 – 475 Provencher Boulevard
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2J 4A7