1st Annual Indigenous Language Revitalization Summer Institute, Northern Arizona University, July 06-09, 2015
1st Annual Indigenous Language Revitalization Summer Institute
Northern Arizona University
Download Printable Flyer
How to Create and Sustain Successful Indigenous Language Immersion Programs
A 4-day hands-on, how-to workshop for creating a new language immersion program or re-energizing an existing immersion program by converting weaknesses into strengths.
- Those committed to saving at-risk indigenous languages.
- Those wanting to start a language immersion school or program.
- Those wanting to improve the academic achievement of American Indian students.
- Those currently working in a language immersion school or program who want to ensure its success and longevity.
In this workshop:
Founder and former Director of Puente de Hozho Tri-lingual School, Dr. Michael Fillerup, guides you through his 10-step process for creating and sustaining an indigenous language immersion program for the ages.
Additionally you will learn:
- How to develop the Five Essential Elements of a language immersion program.
- How to maximize the 4 P’s – Promotion, Publicity, Public Relations, and Parent Participation.
- The Do’s and Don’ts of a language immersion program.
- Potential obstacles and how to overcome them.
- Troubleshooting and practical advice.
- How to Light Two Candles with One Flame (i.e., revitalizing the indigenous language while boosting student achievement)
Early Registration (by May 15th) $450; Regular Registration (after May 15) $500
Special Discount if registered for the 2015 AITEC Conference $375
FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Dr. Michael Fillerup@ 928.853.1393 or Michael.Fillerup@nau.edu.