SFU Faculty of Education Summer Institute 2015:
Equity and Excellence
July 10 & 11, 2015
Each Summer Community Graduate Programs holds a Summer Institute for the Faculty of Education at which invited speakers provide keynotes, graduate students share their research and other educators and academics present work related to the theme. The Institute is open to all interested persons and is provided free of charge. However, the primary audience is SFU students in Masters and EdD programs.
Presentations are invited as part of a program of concurrent sessions of 45 minutes, inclusive of time for audience questions. Preferences for time of presentation during the two days of the Institute can be accommodated.
The Summer Institute will be held July 10 – 11, 2015, at SFU’s Surrey campus.
The Faculty of Education Summer Institute is an opportunity for conference participants to:
- Experience rich diversity in theory and practice related to teaching, learning, and leadership in both K-12 and post-secondary environments;
- Network with and learn from both academics and research practitioners in focused and enlivened forum;
- Review and discuss high quality graduate level research;
- Improve their practice; and
- Build stronger relationships with community and stakeholder groups.
The theme for 2015 is “Equity and Excellence,” which is intended to explore the following questions.
- What do we mean by equity?
- Why do we mean by excellence?
- How do we achieve both in a diverse learning community?
- What are the standards by which we should measure success?
- How are we doing so far?
Presentations are invited from individuals or groups for 45-minute concurrent sessions to be scheduled on July 10 and July 11.
Sessions may include presentations, round table discussions, demonstrations, or other formats.
Please send proposals to Bruce Beairsto at email@example.com no later than Friday, June 5th.
1. Name of presenter(s)
2. Telephone and email address
4. Description of the content
5. Format of the session (panel discussion, etc)
6. Abstract (max 50 words) for inclusion in the conference program
We encourage collaborations with others, so please let us know if you are going to co-present.
Please forward this email to others who may be interested in submitting a proposal or attending this conference.
More details available at www.sfusummerinstitute.info