Yekooche First Nation is seeking an Experienced
Adult Education Teacher
Are you an innovative thinker who is interested in moving beyond the current education system into something more dynamic? Are you interested in becoming a neighbour and agent of community change? If so, you may be the person we are looking for. We require an inspirational, high-engagement teacher; someone with passion for education; an inspiring vision of what education can become to support Aboriginal communities; the ability to adapt to change; and demonstrate progressive leadership skills. Your duties will encompass teaching, relationship building, mentorship and coaching, advocacy, and partnership development. We are looking for a person who can think on their feet, develop authentic connections, is open to discovering new ways of working, and is knowledgeable about social and historical issues impacting Aboriginal communities.
Yekooche First Nation is located in central British Columbia, approximately 80 km from Fort St. James, nestled between Stuart and Babine Lakes. Outdoor opportunities include fishing, hiking, kayaking, quading, skiing, snowmobiling, etc.
Yekooche First Nation has a population of approximately 200 on and off reserve members. The Community has a Band Office, Public Works, School, Health Clinic, and approximately 33 homes and 9 staff units. The Finance Office is located in Prince George.
A highly attractive salary and benefits package includes relocation assistance.
- Bachelor of Education and eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- Principals of adult education and learning philosophies
- Knowledge of Aboriginal approaches to education and learning
- Advanced Information Communication Technology (ICT) knowledge
- The ability to plan and work with IEP’s for students
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear Criminal Record check
- A high degree of flexibility and proven interpersonal skills
Posting is for the 2015-16 school year
Please submit resume before June 8, 2015 to:
Yekooche First Nation
1890 Third Ave
Prince George, BC V2M 3L9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)