Grades 4-7 for the 15/16 School Year
Yekooche First Nation is seeking an Intermediate Teacher who is energetic, enthusiastic, enjoys challenges, and who can join our team to deliver quality educational programming to students of the Yekooche First Nation. The Jean Marie Joseph School is located in the community of Yekooche on beautiful Stuart Lake in central British Columbia, an hour drive from Fort St. James.
Yekooche First Nation is located in central British Columbia, approximately 80 km from Fort St. James, nestled between Stuart and Babine Lakes. Outdoor opportunities include fishing, hiking, kayaking, quading, skiing, snowmobiling, etc.
Yekooche First Nation has a population of approximately 200 on and off reserve members. The Community has a Band Office, Public Works, School, Health Clinic, and approximately 33 homes and 9 staff units. The Finance Office is located in Prince George.
A highly attractive salary and benefits package includes relocation assistance.
Our teachers are offered a competitive salary and benefit package, stat holidays, two week Christmas Break, two week Spring Break, and professional development. The small class sizes allow for more one on one learning and more student success.
- Bachelor of Education
- Eligible for B.C. Teaching Certificate
- Knowledge of FNSA Schools
- Reading Mastery
- DIBELS and Saxon Math
- Professional Learning Communities
- Computer literacy including proficiency in the use of SMART Board
- The ability to plan and work with IEP’s for students
- Special Education experience would be and asset
- A demonstrated commitment to children and the flexibility to work cooperatively with parents, students, colleagues, administrative and support staff
- A high degree of flexibility and proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear criminal record check
Posting is for the 2015-16 school year
Please submit resume before June 8, 2015 to:
Yekooche First Nation
1890 Third Ave
Prince George, BC V2M 3L9
Email: email@example.com (email preferred)