Aboriginal Tourism Operations (ATO) Program
NEC Native Education College is the largest private Aboriginal college in BC, working with First Nations and Aboriginal organizations to deliver programs in locations throughout British Columbia. We strive to combine academic excellence with a strong commitment to First Nations community-based education and the best practices of adult education. Our programs have Aboriginal content and delivery methods and offer credit transfer to colleges and universities. The ATO certificate program offers students the skills and knowledge to work in the tourism industry. Reporting to the ATO Coordinator, NEC is currently seeking a casual instructor for the course indicated below:
TSM 105 Computer Applications
For course description and further information about the Aboriginal Tourism Program, please visit our website.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; possession of a Master’s degree is preferred; 2 years related experience to the course subject matter;
- Successful instructional experience at the post-secondary level, preferably in hospitality and tourism;
- Knowledge of and successful experience with Aboriginal adult instructional methodology;
- Aboriginal ancestry or extensive experience working with Aboriginal organizations;
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills;
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Appointment to this contract position will require a formal criminal record check, the details of which may preclude an offer of employment being finalized. This position is open to male and female applicants. Preference will be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Start Date: Hours: Salary:
Friday, July 17, 2015
Week of July 20, 2015
Mondays and four Tuesdays, 9am-2pm $29.75/hour
Please submit your resume, names of three references from related work experience, copy of your credentials and a cover letter outlining your interest and detailing how you meet the above qualifications. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Address your application to:
G. Peters, Executive Assistant 285 East 5th Avenue Fax: 604.873.9152
NEC Native Education College Vancouver, BC V5T 1H2 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org