Course – LLED 565D: Indigenous Language and Cultural Education: Local and Global Perspective. UBC, Winter 1, Sept – Dec 2015
Term: Winter 1, Sept – Dec 2015
Course Number: LLED 565D
Course Section: 061
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: UBC, Scarfe 308A
Course Description: This course will create an opportunity for students to engage in the educational perspectives of Indigenous peoples and communities on an international scale. We will review various practices, theories, methodologies and epistemologies that have emerged from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Course Delivery: This hybrid course will be delivered face-to-face and through video conferencing on a weekly basis.
Participating Global Sites & Instructors:
- University of British Columbia, Candace K. Galla (Hawaiian)
- University of Hawaiʻi Hilo, Keiki Kawaiʻaeʻa (Hawaiian)
- University of Alaska Fairbanks, Beth Leonard (Deg Hit’an Athabaskan)
- University of Arizona, Sheilah Nicholas (Hopi)
- Diné College, Cynthia Benally (Navajo)
- Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi-Whakatane, Rosina Taniwha (Māori)