SSHRC Graduate Academic Assistant – UBC
The OGPR is looking to hire a Faculty of Education graduate student who can provide consultation to peers on navigating the web forms for the upcoming SSHRC graduate fellowship and scholarship competition.
Duration: 3 weeks split as follows: September 14 – 23, and November 2 – 10, 2015
Time: 2 hours/day
Application Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2015 at 4:00pm
A cover memo, current resume and references should be emailed to Christine Wallsworth, Office Manager, in the OGPR at: email@example.com.
Qualifications: Applicants are expected to have good communications skills, as well as experience with using web forms. Preference will be given to Education graduate student applicants with experience in:
- Applying online to SSHRC graduate student fellowship competitions, including the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship competition and/ or the SSHRC Canadian Graduate Scholarship competition
- Teaching web or software skills
- Understanding national granting agency policies and procedures
- Meeting with Faculty of Education graduate students for short sessions in the OGPR and providing them with advice on the SSHRC web forms navigation process.
- Understanding the SSHRC graduate fellowship and if possible, the affiliated awards application guidelines, policies and procedures and how they support the online application process.
- Liaising with SSHRC fellowship program coordinators in Ottawa to clarify policies and procedures and to report problems with web forms