- Thursday September 3rd, 1:30-4:30PM: Garden volunteer session
- Wednesday September 9th, 1:30-4:30PM: Garden volunteer session
- Tuesday September 29th, 3:00-5:00PM: Tobacco Pipe Mix Making Medicine Workshop (workshop full, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist)
- Wednesday September 30th: Feast Bowl community meal at the UBC Longhouse
- Wednesday October 28th: Feast Bowl community meal at the UBC Longhouse
How to volunteer for garden sessions: we work in the garden rain or shine, so come dressed for the weather. We have extra rain boots, gardening tools, and gloves to share. Bring a snack and water bottle – bring friends and family (of any age) too! No experience necessary. You will find us in the Indigenous Health Garden at the UBC Farm. The most up-to-date directions to the UBC Farm can be found here. Once at the Farm, you can follow the “Aboriginal Health Gardens” signs to find our garden here.
How to volunteer for the Feast Bowl: join us at the UBC First Nations Longhouse (1985 West Mall) at or after 9:30AM to help us harvest or cook, or 12:30PM to eat lunch with us. Extra help from any age or skill level is always appreciated, especially in the kitchen. If you can only join us for lunch, we encourage you to come anyway and we look forward to sharing a delicious meal with you!
Note: if you plan to bring a large group, please let us know ahead of time at email@example.com.