Aboriginal Community Grants Coordinator [Master’s degree + 3 years exp]
More information about this job:
Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada’s finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title:||Aboriginal Community Grants Coordinator [Master’s degree + 3 years exp]|
|Work Site:||520 West 6th – Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Regular Full Time – Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As Soon As Possible|
|Salary:||$31.50 – $39.29 per hour|
|Hours:||0830-1630 Monday to Friday with Sat/Sun/Stats off|
Reporting to the Manager, Population Health, and working collaboratively within Population Health (Community Investments Team) and in accordance with the vision/values of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Aboriginal Community Grants Coordinator supports the work of the Community Investments Team and supports VCH funded projects, particularly with an Aboriginal focus. Duties and responsibilities include assisting with development of Outcomes Measurement Frameworks, project budgets and evaluation frameworks; monitoring and reviewing progress reports; developing organizational capacity building opportunities; and developing effective relationships within and between projects and VCH to increase the capacity of all stakeholders to support strategic VCH community and corporate initiatives. This position may also assist public involvement in health planning, program implementation and policy development.
Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in a related field. Supplemented by three- (3) years’ recent, related experience in funding, project management and development within the non-profit sector, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Considerable demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal organizations and First Nations communities.
• Considerable demonstrated familiarity with Aboriginal cultural practices, traditions and language(s).
• Considerable knowledge and aptitudes of health promotion and population health principles, processes, and tools � particularly in relation to Aboriginal peoples.
• Considerable knowledge of the sources of information/structures within Aboriginal communities.
• Sound knowledge of the broad social determinants of health.
• Demonstrated commitment to health promotion principles.
• Knowledge and working experience of the NGO sector in the region covered by VCH.
• Demonstrated organizational development and project development/management skills.
• Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in participatory community-based planning, outcome-based project evaluation, program sustainability, policy development and research analysis.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and monitoring project budgets.
• Demonstrated facilitation, consensus building and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team, and to establish/maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals, groups and organizations.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Advanced word processing skills, Excel spreadsheet, database programs and social networks.
• Demonstrated ability of efficient Internet use applied to research.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.