Job – Lecturer II – Department of Linguistics Navajo Language Program, University of New ACMexico. Due: Oct 26, 2015
The University of New Mexico Department of Linguistics
The Department of Linguistics Navajo Language Program at the University of New Mexico announces a search for a Lecturer II to begin working January 11, 2016. The position is contingent upon final budgetary approval. Responsibilities include:
1) teaching undergraduate courses in Navajo,
2) developing Navajo language curricular materials,
3) advising students pursuing the minor in Navajo,
4) program recruitment, and
5) service to the department
- Master’s degree in hand at time of application in Linguistics, Native American Studies, Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching Navajo with Navajo as the language of instruction in K-12, college or university settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
- Conversational fluency in Navajo sufficient for teaching environment.
- Ability to read and write in Navajo.
- Experience in developing curricular materials for teaching Navajo.
- Documented experience working in partnership with Navajo educational institutions.
- Ability to work effectively with students and colleagues.
- Ability to assume administrative duties and to mentor part-time instructors as needed.
- Expertise in the use of technology to support instruction.
Date for best consideration: October 26, 2015
Closing date: Open until filled
Please direct all inquiries to: Professor Mary Willie, firstname.lastname@example.org
For details about the application requirements or to apply, visit the UNMJobs website:
https://unmjobs.unm.edu. Please reference Posting Number 0832338.
University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses. UNM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.