Postdoctoral Research Fellow – UBC
A part-time grant-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available beginning January 1, 2016, for one year initially with the possibility of an extension until May 2017. This position requires expertise in higher/health education specifically pertaining to the areas of curriculum, learning, and assessment.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A PhD degree in Education/Science.
- Demonstrated scholarship evidence in the field of educational research.
- Deep knowledge of various research methods commonly used in social science research.
- Ability to prepare, implement and/or manage educational research projects.
- Capacity to perform both quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Very good interpersonal skills with experience in setting and achieving goals, both alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Ability to arrange and present data analysis results to both health science professionals and educational researchers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
It will be highly desirable if the candidate wishes to use this experience to also develop her/his own line of research, and can take the initiative to co-apply for research funding.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Please indicate your current citizenship status in your cover letter.
Forward a letter of application (including the names and addresses of three referees) and CV by November 7, 2015 to:
UBC Faculty of Dentistry
2199 Wesbrook Mall, JBM 382A
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
Note: due to the large number of applications, we regret that we are unable to confirm receipt of submissions or provide status of competitions; only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.
For any questions related to the nature of the job, please contact Dr. HsingChi von Bergmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.