DISTRICT PRINCIPAL, Education Services
(Aboriginal Education Focus)
Surrey – a diverse and progressive school district, is seeking interest from exemplary educators to join its dynamic team as District Principal, Education Services with a primary focus on supporting Aboriginal
Members of the Education Services department work as a close-knit team of highly skilled professionals where integrity, collaboration, and a commitment to on-going professional growth define the work ethic, and a sense of optimism and joy are highly valued.
Working in an environment of shared responsibility for Aboriginal learner success, you will contribute as a member of the district’s leadership team, and you will be directly involved in supporting understanding and an appreciation of the First Peoples Principals of Learning system-wide.
We invite applications from educators with:
- knowledge of, and appreciation for Aboriginal culture in our schools;
- a strong knowledge and experience-base in working with Aboriginal learners and communities;
- a record of advocacy for students with Aboriginal heritage;
- a high degree of professional credibility;
- exceptional formal and informal leadership experience;
- a successful record as a systems change agent including skill in developing a continuum of instructional support;
- a demonstrated ability to use data to inform strategic directions;
- demonstrated skill in building relationships with colleagues and with the community in support of a
respectful and inclusive environment where culture, learning and success are all important;
- superior interpersonal and communications skills;
- demonstrated ability to collaboratively problem-solve complex matters; and
- a commitment to professionalism and to working in a collaborative environment.
The Surrey School District invites interest from all qualified educators, and strongly encourages educators of Aboriginal ancestry to consider this opportunity. Please see required application form and further details regarding the application process on http://bit.ly/1RqAxei. Applications will be received until 12
noon on Friday, January 8, 2016