- Wednesday March 3rd, 1:00-4:00PM: Garden Volunteer Session
- Wednesday March 9th, 1:00-4:00PM: Garden Volunteer Session
- Wednesday March 16th, 1:00-4:00PM: Garden Volunteer Session
- Wednesday March 24th, 1:00-4:00PM: Garden Volunteer Session
- Thursday March 31st, 1:00-4:00PM: Garden Volunteer Session
- Tuesday March 29th: Feast Bowl community meal hosting the Longhouse Student Lunch (info session about Indigenous Programs at UBC Farm)
How to volunteer for garden sessions: we work in the garden rain or shine, so come dressed for the weather. We have extra rain boots, gardening tools, and gloves to share. Bring a snack and water bottle – bring friends and family (of any age) too! No experience necessary. You will find us in the Indigenous Health Garden at the UBC Farm. The most up-to-date directions to the UBC Farm can be found here. Once at the Farm, you can follow the “Aboriginal Health Gardens” signs or follow this map to find our garden.
How to volunteer for the Feast Bowl: if you are new to the Feast Bowl, please fill out our volunteer sign-up form online so we can get to know you a bit better! Join us at the UBC First Nations Longhouse (1985 West Mall) at or after 9:30AM to help us harvest or cook, or 12:30PM to eat lunch with us. Extra help from any age or skill level is always appreciated, especially in the kitchen. If you can only join us for lunch, we encourage you to come anyway and we look forward to sharing a delicious meal with you!
Note: if you plan to bring a large group, please let us know ahead of time at email@example.com.