Research Assistant, Project on Water Governance and Indigenous Law at UBC. Due: Sept 9, 2016 (12 pm)
The student research assistant will support projects for the Project on Water Governance and Indigenous Law, a multi-year SSHRC Partnership Grant.
Position will be approximately 10 hours per week from September to December, with the possibility of extension and further research collaboration.
- logistics for partner meetings (accommodation, travel, handouts, room arrangements)
- taking notes -background research including literature reviews and data base assessment
- logistics for summer meeting
- social media
- support for administrative tasks including copy-editing, network building and data assessment Qualifications
- interest/knowledge in Aboriginal issues, organizations, and resources
- a solid work ethic
- strong research skills
- excellent computer skills including Office, WordPress, and if possible
Adobe Creative Suite
- proven written and verbal communication abilities
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- an ability and willingness to work independently and on a team
- accuracy and attention to detail in creating and reviewing documents and databases
- aptitudes in prioritization and meeting deadlines
- skill in design and layout
This position is open to upper year undergraduate and graduate students at UBC.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: Noon, Friday, September 9th 2016.