Tenure Track Associate Professor, Program Director- Indigenous Studies (University of Victoria): Due February 23, 2018
Program Director, Indigenous Studies
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities seeks a Program Director to provide leadership for the newly formed undergraduate Major in Indigenous Studies. Applications are invited for a tenure-track appointment at the rank of Associate Professor in Indigenous Studies; the successful applicant will serve as Director for a fixed period of 5 years.
The Faculty of Humanities is seeking an outstanding scholar to provide leadership for the new Major in Indigenous Studies and the existing Minor in Indigenous Studies. The successful candidate will have:
- a Ph.D. in Indigenous Studies or a related Humanities discipline with teaching and research expertise in Indigenous Studies;
- demonstrable leadership experience or the potential to take on a leadership position that is committed to student success, community relationship building, and program growth;
- a research record in Indigenous research methodologies premised on collaborative and principled engagement with Indigenous peoples and communities;
- evidence of teaching excellence that is grounded in Indigenous pedagogies and practices;
- a commitment to supervise and mentor students in order to support their success.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2018
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.uvic.ca/opportunities/faculty-librarian/current/HUMS%20250-066.php