Dear SAGE Community,
The Office of Indigenous Education is accepting applications for the SAGE Provincial Coordinator, Graduate Academic Assistant. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
SAGE is such a wonderful community of scholars! I am truly grateful for the learning experiences, and opportunities to serve Indigenous grad students for the past two and a half years. As of September, I have become a part of the team at the First Nations House of Learning, as the Aboriginal Student and Community Development Officer. I hope to be a resource to Indigenous graduate students in this role, and to continue being an active member of SAGE while I finish my PhD. I invite all of you to drop by room 184 at the Longhouse to visit anytime – please come say hi!
Thanks and enjoy the SAGE Digest!
Aurelia Kaililani Kinslow
Provincial Coordinator (ex-officio, interim volunteer)
Supporting Aboriginal Graduate Enhancement (SAGE)
The SAGE blog is updated on an ongoing basis. If you have news, information and/or resources to share, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Papers
· Rising Up: Indigenous Knowledge and Research in Indigenous Studies Graduate Student Conference, University of Manitoba. Due: Feb 3, 2017
· Indigenous Expressions of Culture in Storytelling, Drama, Theatre and Performance – Traditional and Contemporary Canadian and Polish Upper Silesian Perspectives. Due: Dec 31, 2016
· Activism and Justice: Indigenous Responses to Neoliberalism; 6th Annual Native American Studies Graduate Student Symposium Currents of Resistance, Due: Jan 13, 2017
Read more under Call for Proposals/Papers category
· Course – Reconciliation Through Indigenous Education – Register by January 23https://wordpress.com/post/gradsage.com/3938
Read more under Events category
Read more under Funding category
Read more under Jobs category
- BC Council On Admissions & Transfer (BCCAT). Due: Sept 29, 2016
- Call for papers, Duranbinjma-Burre: International Indigenous Knowledge Conference, Australia. Due: Sept 30, 2016
- CFP Deadline Extended – Children of Survivors: Intergenerational Resilience and Canadian Residential Schools. Due: Oct 1, 2016
- Call for Papers: American Indian Law Review
- ab-Original Journal of Indigenous Studies and First Nations’ and First Peoples’ Cultures
- Orange Shirt Day, Faculty of Forestry, UBC – 30 Sept, 2016
- Graduate Pathways to Success: Time Mgmt + Business Writing
- Traditional Naming & Pole Raising Ceremony at the Indigenous Health, Research and Education Garden – 12pm – 3pm, 3 Oct 2016
- Recruiting workshop and cast members for šxʷʔamət (home)
- Indigenous Governance Program Manager, University of Arizona
- Assistant Professor of Native American History, University of North Carolina – Pembroke
- Wildlife Biologist, at Okanagan Nation Alliance
- Aboriginal Child Youth and Mental Wellness Coordinator, at Okanagan Nation Alliance
- Assistant Professor of Native History, Northern Arizona University
- Assistant Professor in American Literature and Native American Studies, Emerson College.
Read more under Jobs category
- Open Dialogues: How to make education more accessible
- SSHERC’s New Guidelines for Merit Review of Aboriginal Research
- CASIE Guest-Edited Special Issue on Indigenous Education
- Interactive map by University of Georgia historian shows U.S. appropriation of over 1.5 billion acres Indigenous land, 1776-1887
- UBC to house Western Canada’s first residential school history centre
- Victory in the Release of Guatemalan Political Prisoner Rigoberto Juarez
Read more under News category