The African Storybook in Global Perspective: Children’s Literacy and Teacher Identity. Apr 26, 2016 | 12:30pm–2pm
The Institute for Early Childhood Education & Research (IECER) along with Early Childhood Education Graduate Students in the Faculty of Education are proud to host a faculty and graduate student research brown bag series intended to bring faculty, students and the ECE Community together to consider inquiry and research across the complex and multi-faceted discipline of Early Childhood Education. The African Storybook (ASb) is a ground-breaking South African initiative, begun in 2013, which promotes early literacy for African children through a powerful interactive website (africanstorybook.org/). There are currently over 500 unique stories in over 60 African languages, as well as English, French, and Portuguese, which can be downloaded, translated, and adapted.
Presenters: Bonnie Norton, Professor and Distinguished University Scholar, LLED. Liam Doherty, Ph.D. Student, LLED. Espen Stranger-Johannessen, Ph.D. Candidate, LLED.
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 Time: 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Location: Room 310, Neville Scarfe, 2125 Main Mall, Point Grey Campus
Vancouver Community College (VCC), Make Children First and Gold Trail School District #74 are seeking a part-time Early Childhood Education (ECE) Instructor.
The ECE Instructor will:
– Deliver instruction that meets the VCC ECE Basic Certificate curriculum
– Plan the daily classes to meet the general and individual needs of students
– Evaluate student performance
– Act in a manner that upholds both the VCC and the School District #74 standards – Monitor and review students during practicum placements
The ideal candidate must possess the following education, experience and competences: – Current ECE License
– Early Childhood Education Diploma
– Degree or Diploma in a related field preferred
– Minimum 2 years of related practical work experience
– Some experience in adult education and the working knowledge of diverse instructional
– Ability to develop rapport with diverse learners (youth and matured students) – Knowledge of Aboriginal culture an asset
– Familiarity with the Gold Trail area an asset
This is a 9 months temporary position for the duration of the pilot outreach ECCE program delivered by VCC at the Gold Trail School District.
-Position Start: September, 2016
-Position End: July, 2017
-Hours of work: 25 hours a week/ Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 2:00 -Salary: $47.00 per hour (including benefits)
Application deadline: November 20, 2015 at 4:00pm
Contact: Greg Howard, Transition Advisor SD74 Gold Trail
Original Posting (.pdf): Posting for the ECCE Instructor Gold Trail